Friday, August 13, 2010

Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

So here is my review of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and to say the least I am extremely excited about this. Enjoy! 






Book Description:
"Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High- from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. 

Instead, it turns out to be her last.

Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death- and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing."


Book Info:
  • 470 pages 
  • Published in March, 2010 by HarperCollins 
  • Before I Fall is Lauren Oliver's first novel 
  • I give this book a 10/10 (not joking) 

The Good: 
This book is amazing, fantastic, perfect, and everything in between. Since Sam lives the same day over seven times, I thought it would be kind of boring. I was very wrong, each day is very different and keeps you on your toes. I loved that each day Sam found out more and more information about her death and it was amazing watching (or reading in this case) her transform with each day. Lauren Oliver's writing style is one of a kind and you feel like you personally know the characters. I have never read anything like this book and I think it is extremely original. I will definitely be reading anything by Lauren Oliver. If you haven't read this book yet, you NEED too!  


The Bad: 
I honestly can't say one bad thing about this book. 


Nice to Know: 
There are seven chapters in this book (one for each day) so the chapters are very long, but they are split up into bold headings. 


Overall: 
This is one of the best books I have read in a while, I recommend it to anyone. 



Thanks for reading! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment