Monday, June 6, 2011

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…







Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.






When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.






But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart." - From goodreads.com


Review:
I have very mixed feelings about this book. It wasn't what I was expecting. I felt this book was Alice in Wonderland but with fairy charcters. In the beginning I honestly thought it was really lame, but it did get better. I really loved Grimalkin, he was my favorite character. I liked Ash a lot too. Megan was kind of annoying, but I always seem to find a problem with the main character. Julie Kagawa's writing was alright, it wasn't the best I've ever seen. This book, for me, didn't live up to all of the hype but it grew on me at the end. I think that huge fantasy lovers would like this book a lot more than I did because I'm more of a dystopian fan. Overall, this book was pretty good and I will be finishing the series. I also love the cover! I gave this book a 8/10. 


Quotes:
"Silence greeted me, echoing off the walls and floor, hanging heavy in the air. The stillness was almost a living thing, crouched in the center of the room, watching me with cold eyes. My heart began a loud, irregular thug in my chest. Something was wrong." Pg. 48

"Ash still held my hand. Gently, I tried pulling back, but he wasn't letting go. I glanced up and found his face inches from mine, his eyes searingly bright in the shadows of the room." Pg. 239

No comments:

Post a Comment