Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

                                       " Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.







But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in " - From goodreads.com
 
 
 
 
 
Review:
 
I had very high expectations for this book after readind Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, and I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations. This book is so heart warming and well written. There isn't much I can say about this book except that it is amazing and is a must read. This book also takes place in Portland, ME, and I live just outside of Portland, so I knew all of the places she was talking about and could actually picture where she was in my head. That for me was pretty cool. If you love love stories, if you love dystopian, if you loved Before I Fall, then I'm pretty sure you will love Delirium. Another thing I would love to point out is the ending is not predictable at all, but I loved the ending. My sister and mother both read this book and hated the ending, so I would love to know what you guys think of it. This book is probably my new favorite book after Before I Fall, so I think it's safe to say Lauren Oliver is probably one of my favorite authors. This book gets a 10/10!
 
 
Here are some quotes from the book....
 
"Hearts are fragile things. That's why we have to be so careful." Pg. 8
 
"As soon as I look up, his eyes click onto my face. The breath whooshes out of my body and everything freezes  for a second, as though I'm looking at him throughmy camera lens, zoomed in all the way, the world pausing for that span of time between the opening and closing of the shutters." Pg. 38
 
 "A curious ache throbs in the back of my throat, even though of course this is how things are: Everything ends, people move on, they don't look back. It's how they should be." Pg. 95
 
"All I can think is: it will kill me, it will kill me, it will kill me. And I don't care." Pg. 233
 
"It's us against them, three against countless thousands. But for some reason, and even though its absurd, at that moment i feel pretty damn good about our odds." Pg. 253
 
"I know that life isn't life if you just float through it. I know the whole point- the only point- is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and refuse to let them go." Pg. 383

No comments:

Post a Comment