Sunday, August 7, 2011

Brief Review: Someone Like you by Sarah Dessen

"Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever."

Brief Review
Someone Like You is a classic Sarah Dessen novel, and if you have read Sarah Dessen you know exactly what I mean. Sarah Dessen always has heavy topics in her novels that are handled in a light way, but they still teach a lesson. In Someone Like You those issues include death, teenage pregnancy, and differences between a teen and a parent. I really enjoyed Someone Like You, it was a light easy read. Sarah Dessen's writing style makes it very easy to read quickly through a book. This book always had something interesting going on and there was never a time I found myself bored with the book. If you enjoy Sarah's novels then I highly recommend reading this. If you are a person that despise's chick-lit, stay far away. I personally enjoy a nice easy chick-lit read every once in a while and really liked this book. I gave it a 9/10.


Quotes

" That was, I was sure, the destiny in store for me until the day Scarlett looked up from behind those white sunglasses and made a spot for me next to her for the rest of my life. And I was grateful. Because life is an ugly, awful place not to have a best friend." Pg. 23

"There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right where you stand." pg. 197

No comments:

Post a Comment